#184 Twenties (Vinte Anos)

For a long time I was living 

In a way as if I never grow up 

I thought I was trapped 

On my twenties 

Never feeling aging

Always thought I was the 

Youngest girls of the bunch 

I was but, not the way I thought 

Until a young man came to me

And started to chat

He was flirting with me

I felt connected with him, but

Not in the romantic way

I felt connected as a human being 

He told me his age

Then I realized I could be his mother 

I couldn’t believe myself 

I never interacted with young people 

This way ...

But as much I was telling myself and him

That I was older enough to be his mother 

He didn’t care less 

He told me I wasn’t looking my age

I was looking just the same age as him

And he was trying to show me that 

And guess what?

With him I felt this way

On my twenties...

Nothing happened between us

But we like each other’s company 

I try so hard to see him as a kid

But he is just a young man

That feels comfortable 

In a company of an older woman...

©️Renata Clarke-Gray


 Por muito tempo eu estava vivendo

 De um jeito como se eu nunca crescesse 

 Eu pensava que estava presa

 Nos meus vinte anos

 Nunca me sentindo velha

 Sempre pensei que era 

 A garota mais nova do grupo

 Eu era, mas não do jeito que eu pensava

 Até que um jovem veio até mim

 E começou a conversar

 Ele estava flertando comigo

 Eu me senti conectada com ele,

 Mas não da maneira romântica

 Eu me senti conectada como ser humano

 Ele me disse sua idade

 Então eu percebi que poderia ser sua mãe

 Eu não conseguia acreditar em mim

 Eu nunca interagi com jovens

 Dessa maneira ...

 Mas por mais que eu estivesse dizendo 

 A mim mesma e a ele

 Que eu era velha o suficiente para

 Ser sua mãe

 Ele não se importou nem um pouco

 Ele me disse que eu não parecia

Ter a idade que tinha

 Que parecia ter a mesma idade que ele

 E ele estava tentando me mostrar

 E sabe de uma coisa?

 Com ele me senti assim

 Nos meus vinte anos ...

 Nada aconteceu entre nós

 Mas nós gostamos da companhia 

 Um do outro

 Eu tento vê-lo como garoto

 Mas ele é apenas um jovem

 Que se sente confortável 

 Na companhia de uma mulher mais velha ...

©️Renata Clarke-Gray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#223 The Healing (A Cura)

#219 Little Hurricane (Pequeno Furacão)

#221 Mr. Sabotage (Senhor Sabotagem)